Taylor vs. Persoon was a fight that left more doubt than answers.
Box news, analysis, results and billboard
Boxing is a combat sport in which two opponents face using only their gloves protected fists, hitting their opponent from the waist up. The word "boxing" began to be used in the 1889th century in England to distinguish between fights to resolve disputes and fighting under rules established as a sport, the rules still in force were established in XNUMX by the Marquis of Queensberry.
Mexico has had 978 world boxing champions, making it the country that has had the most champions in history, highlighting names such as Julio César Chávez, Ricardo “El Finito” López, Rubén “El Púas” Olivares, Raúl “El Mouse ”Macías, Marco Antonio Barrera and Juan Manuel Márquez.
There are 17 weight categories in professional boxing.
See more details
- Heavy over 86,183 kg (over 190 pounds) - Andy Ruiz
- Cruise - 86,183 kg (190 pounds)
- Semi-heavy - 79,389 kg (175 pounds)
- Supermediate - 76,204 kg (168 pounds)
- Medium - 72,575 kg (160 pounds) - Canelo Alvarez
- Superwelter - 69´853 kg (154 pounds) - Canelo Alvarez
- Welter - 66,678 kg (147 pounds)
- Superlight - 63,503 kg (140 pounds)
- Lightweight - 61,235 kg (135 pounds)
- Super feather - 58,967 kg (130 pounds)
- Feather - 57,153 kg (126 pounds)
- Supergallo - 55,338 kg (122 pounds)
- Rooster - 53,524 kg (118 pounds)
- Super fly - 52,163 kg (115 pounds)
- Fly - 50,802 kg (112 pounds)
- Mini fly - 48,988 kg (108 pounds)
- Minimum - 47,627 kg (105 pounds)