Will Bobby Lashley return to MMA? When he was fired from WWE in 2008, he immediately looked for ways to stay active in the ...
Bellator MMA (Bellator Fighting Championships)
Bellator is the second largest mixed martial arts company in the USA (behind UFC). To differentiate from UFC, the main format of Bellator are the tournaments, whose winner receives a monetary prize and also the opportunity to challenge the champion of the respective category for the title.
The company was founded in 2008 in California, in 2011 the multinational VIACOM (the 4th largest media conglomerate in the world) bought a majority stake in the company, also has a transmission agreement with the FOX chain.
How to watch Bellator MMA live?
See more details
- Bellator is available on FOX channels, including Fox Sports Latin America y Fox Sports Brazil
- In Spain Bellator is available in Titan channel
- In certain countries Bellator offers online transmission through your official site.
- Superflugs publishes analysis, results, images and videos of all Bellator events.
5 facts about Bellator MMA
- Its logo represents a Roman gladiator (Bellator means "warrior" in Latin)
- Bellator conforms to the unified MMA rules established in the year 2000, but during tournaments, the rules are a bit different; for example, blows with the elbow are not allowed in quarterfinal and semifinal matches.
- Bellator and UFC have shared many fighters, the former UFC champion Eddie Alvarez, was first champion in Bellator, while former UFC champions, as Benson Henderson, signed later with Bellator.
- Scott Coker, the president of Bellator, is one of the most experienced merchants in the world of MMA. Coker was the president of Strikeforce (the company from which he emerged Ronda Rousey) and was also a UFC executive for 3 years (when UFC bought Strikeforce).
- The Bellator “European Series” is a strong step in the international expansion of the brand, taking advantage of the fact that the UFC only visits that region occasionally.
The latest news about Bellator MMA, below.